- Dolly Parton Transforms Dollywood For March Opening - February 19, 2024
- Blake Shelton And Gwen Stefani Host Disco Party Together - February 19, 2024
- Blake Shelton Makes Time For Stepson Instead Of Wife Gwen Stefani - February 18, 2024
Country superstar Toby Keith has died at the age of 62 after a battle with cancer. The news came out on his Facebook page tonight shocking fans. Keith has been battling cancer for about three years. The fans thought that he was doing better after some recent performances.
Toby Keith Dead At 61
The post on his Facebook page read: “Toby Keith passed peacefully last night on February 5th surrounded by his family. He fought his fight with grace and courage. Please respect the privacy of his family at this time.” You can see the post below.
Back in the fall of 2021, Toby Keith found out that he had stomach cancer. He has still been able to perform some in the past few years, surprising fans. It wasn’t until June of 2022 that he told his fans the sad news. At the time he said, “I’ve spent the last 6 months receiving chemo, radiation and surgery. So far, so good. I need time to breathe, recover, and relax.”
In June of 2023, he shared that the tumor had shrunk and things were looking good. Fans were optimistic that he was doing better. Back in September of 2023, he said, ““It’s a little bit of a roller coaster. You get good days and, you know, you’re up and down, up and down. It’s always zero to 60 and 60 to zero, but I feel good today.”
Fans Share Their Condolences
The fans of Toby Keith are shocked by this news and sharing their condolences in the comments. Here is what some had to say:
- This is truly sad news, good honest caring man. Another GOAT lost, but not forgotten
- Condolences to his family, may he rest in peace. He was a great country artist and will be missed. Prayers .
- Adding my heart felt condolences to the thousands who will be stunned by the news of our dear Toby Keith’s Passing .With love to all his friends and sincere sympathy to his family may I just say Thank you my own wonderful Cowboy
- I have no words. I enjoy his music so much. Love his voice. A true patriot!!!! Love you Toby and I’m so sorry and praying for peace for his family and friends.
- I loved listening to him sing ,so sorry for this sad loss. My deepest sympathies to his family
- One I admired a lot in country music, Go rest high on that mountain sir! Rest in peace. My deepest sympathy and condolences to the bereaved family!
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.