- Morgan Wallen Sparks Dating Rumors After Night Out With Model - December 7, 2023
- Reba McEntire Sparks Engagement Rumors With Latest Move - December 6, 2023
- Carrie Underwood Proves She’s Miranda Lambert’s Biggest Fan - December 5, 2023
The final two teams facing off in Super Bowl LV have yet to be decided. But that’s not stopping the NFL from lining up an impressive list of performers for the annual event. Football fan or not, many people tune in to watch the Super Bowl.
The Halftime Show is the biggest attraction aside from the action on the field. But the game kicks off with a rendition of the national anthem. A military flyover while “The Star-Spangled Banner” plays is one of the highlights of the Super Bowl.
And a popular country music artist will tackle the revered tune. But Entertainment Tonight reports that he won’t be alone.
Country Music Superstar Eric Church to Sing National Anthem
Super Bowl 50 (or LV) is already amping up to be bigger and better than ever. In November, news broke that The Weeknd will perform at the Halftime Show. With just a little over two weeks until showtime, the NFL announced other acts performing at the Super Bowl.
Country music’s Eric Church will sing the national anthem to kick off Super Bowl LV. But he won’t be alone. R&B queen Jazmine Sullivan will duet with him on the patriotic tune.
Eric Church took to his Instagram to share the exciting news with his fans.
The post received over 12,000 likes and just about as many comments. There was one recurring theme in the comments. Can you spot it?
- Yay! Can you transition from the anthem straight into Like a wrecking ball?? 🙏🏽❤️😂
- GIVE HIM THE HALFTIME SHOW
- Awesome! Can you also play halftime??
- Well this will be the ONLY reason I will watch ! Once EC is done signing I am out !
- The chief is gonna sing for a chiefs game😂
- Whoooo hooooo!! Best news I’ve heard in a while 🙌🙌🙌 And Go Pack Go 💚💛
- This is the BEST news!!! I can’t wait!! Go BILLS!
Yep, several fans want Eric Church to perform at the Halftime Show, too.
But one fan apparently had a temporary bout of amnesia, though. They wrote that it was “about time they involved a country” superstar in singing the National Anthem. However, Luke Bryan sang the national anthem at the 2017 Super Bowl.
And many years before that, megastar Garth Brooks sang while Oscar-winning actress Marlee Matlin stood next to him performing the song in American Sign Language.
Who Will Perform In ASL at Super Bowl LV?
Sadly, Marlee Matlin’s ASL performance was a rarity. Oftentimes, the ASL interpreter does not share the stage with the singer, so television audiences rarely get to see the beautiful interpretation.
But still, deaf rapper Warren “Wawa” Snipe will perform both “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “America the Beautiful” in American Sign Language at Super Bowl 50. H. E. R. has been tapped to sing “America the Beautiful.”
Are you excited for the Super Bowl? What do you think about the musical acts performing at the show? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below.
Super Bowl LV will be on February 7, 2021, in Tampa, Florida.
And be sure to follow our Facebook page for all the latest country music news.