Carrie Underwood fans are starting a petition after the 2022 CMAs. Wednesday night was a big night for country music. Many of your favorite artists and bands were together in one place. However, Carrie and Brad Paisley weren’t the co-hosts of this year’s live award show.
That’s mostly because the “Hate My Heart” singer is currently on a nationwide tour. She didn’t have time to prepare for her hosting duties. Instead, Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning hosted this year’s event that was held at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. Some fans claim the duo isn’t as funny as Carrie and Brad were in the past. Read on to learn more.
Peyton Manning pokes fun at Carrie Underwood
In previous years, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley took to the stage together to host the CMA Awards. The annual award show has been fronted by many different faces. At this year’s event, Peyton poked fun at Carrie’s side-eye.
“Carrie Underwood and I have a lot in common,” the former NFL player said during his opening monologue with Luke Bryan. “We both worked with Brad Paisley, we’ve both been on ‘Sunday Night Football’ a lot and we’re both very nervous about what Luke Bryan might say tonight.”
The camera didn’t pan over to Carrie this time around. Instead, it showed country singer Thomas Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins.
The American Idol judge retorted, “Hell, I’m even nervous about what Luke Bryan might say tonight.”
— Carrie Underwood AUS Fans (@CarrieUAUS) November 9, 2022
Back in November 2021, Luke joked about Aaron Rodger’s anti-COVID vaccine stance. Carrie Underwood’s husband Mike Fisher openly supported it on Instagram at the time and she “liked” it. He joked about who was “immunized” in the room. He then added, “Just playing.” At the time, the camera panned over to Carrie, who looked like she was giving him the side-eye.
Carrie Underwood fans want her back as host
The CMA Awards had fans wanting Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley back as hosts. The jokes weren’t hitting them that night. Most of them took to Twitter to share their thoughts on Luke and Peyton’s hosting abilities. They were missing Carrie and Brad’s banter.
- “Can we start a petition?”
- “I’d like a word with whoever that Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley were no longer the hosts of … everything that needs hosts.”
- “No one will ever come close to Carrie and Brad hosting, so it’s always a little embarrassing to watch somebody try.”
- “As a big country music fan; I have not watched the CMA Awards since Bradi and Carrie stopped hosting. They should host the freakin Oscars!”
- “CMA Awards went downhill ever since Carrie and Brad stopped hosting.”
Fans were also disappointed when Carrie Underwood didn’t win Entertainer of the Year. Luke Combs ended up with the award. This is the third time she didn’t win the coveted award. Some may end up throwing a riot against the CMAs as previously promised.
Awarding anyone besides Carrie Underwood for Entertainer of the Year tonight at the CMAs is laughable
That woman is in an absolute league of her own pic.twitter.com/UbCcje1PhM
— 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 ⚰️🥀🔥 (@stevevacante) November 9, 2022
What are your thoughts on Carrie Underwood fans starting a petition after the 2022 CMA Awards? Do you agree that she should host the event with Brad Paisley again? Who’s your favorite host? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with Country Music Alley for more news on Carrie Underwood.
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Love Christmas Cooking Challenges - December 1, 2022
- Miranda Lambert Stunning In Glitter Fringe & Skin-Tight Jumpsuit - December 1, 2022
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani Share Thanksgiving Memories - November 27, 2022